So I’ve been taping my heel for less than a week now, and I can say that the heel is finally feeling better. However, it’s hard to determine if it’s better because of the tape or a result of a combination of all the changes I’ve made.
- I started taping the heel last Saturday, and I could still feel mild discomfort all throughout my Sunday run.
- Took Monday off, went to yoga and regretted it because right after class I could feel the pain intensify.
- Skipped my Fartlek session Tuesday and ran an easy 5 on a flat course in my stability shoes. Still felt a twinge throughout the run.
- Wednesday was another rest day, ditched yoga, and contemplated dropping out of the race due to the intermittent pain throughout the day. I figured the sensible thing to do was to just stop, but then again when are marathon runners ever sensible. So I re-taped the heel that night
- Hit the road Thursday morning switching out the Tempo run for another easy run. The pain started, but lasted for only 6 minutes and DISAPPEARED! It felt so good that I did 8 miles, and even at an 8-min/mile pace the pain never came back, and stayed away for the rest of the day
J suggested I skip this Saturday’s run, but if the pain continues to stay away Friday, then I ain’t skipping nothing and gonna buy me some more of those tape!